Hottop - The Professional's Choice
Why is a Hottop the ONLY home roaster recommended by professionals and home users alike? Visit hottop.com.au.
Overview The Hottop KN-8828B-2K is a Hottop coffee roaster with programmability! After setting a target temperature and roast time at which the beans will be automatically ejected, the B controller gives you the flexibility to adjust the heater power and fan speed at any time during the roast to build the profile you want! And if you liked what you did, you can save the program at the end of the roast for next time!
This Version 2 unit includes a manual eject mechanism for removing the beans in case of a power failure, as well as some internal engineering modifications. The K variants means it comes with a K-type thermocouple temperature sensor located more closely to the bean mass, so it is more accurate than the original sensor (though still not as accurate as our bean mass probe retrofit).
The great thing about the Hottop B over every other Hottop controller is that it provides proportional heater power control. All other controllers simply turn the heater full on or full off, whereas the B allows you to provide constant heating at different power levels for the ultimate control and evenness in roast. It really is the controller for the roasting enthusiast!
Note that this is an official full-specification 230-240v/50Hz roaster, not the cheaper 110v/60Hz units designed for American power systems. 110v/60Hz roasters will not work properly on 230-240v/50Hz supplies and may fail prematurely, even if voltage-conversion devices are used.
To help you decide if this is the roaster for you, check out the following videos of a Hottop B in action!
Hottop B roaster in use - high quality (58Mb, ~23 minutes)
Hottop B roaster in use - low quality (7Mb, ~23 minutes)
But Wait, There's More...
Every Hottop B purchased from Things Coffee is supplied with the following products, with our compliments:
- FREE 500g of green coffee beans
- FREE 2x 250g valved bags to maximise the lifespan of your freshly roasted beans
- a FREE 15% discount gift voucher to use towards any green beans from premium green bean supplier Ministry Grounds (excluding Cup of Excellence varieties)
- a FREE spare Hottop rear filter giving you up to 80 roasts before you need to purchase a filter
- some tips, tricks and roasting recipes for the Hottop B
- Batch size: 250-300g
- Temperature range: 80-220 oC
- Available roast time range: 8-25 minutes
- In-roast controls: Start, Stop, Time up/down, Fan speed up/down, Heater power up/down
- Roast memory locations: 3
- Dimensions (cm): 48 x 25 x 35 (wxdxh)
- Weight: 10.5kg
More Information For more information on the Hottop B roaster, you may be interested in the following links: